CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dallas Arboretum Outing

Yesterday, the kids and I met up with a few of their cousins at the Dallas Arboretum to see their Dallas Blooms Exhibit. There were more than half a million bulbs planted this year, and that's not counting the rest of the seasonal blooms and trees already there. It was breathtakingly beautiful and the air was sweet and fragrant. The day was overcast and humid, which as far as I'm concerned, is better than scorching hot and sunny... Altogether, between the seven cousins and three moms in our group, I took over 400 photos - with that many, I'm bound to snap at least a handful of good shots! :) I love taking natural pictures of the children - they're just more realistic and less posed - you know, just like they are in "real life." I also tend to take close-ups of their faces, just the way I see them in my head... up close, expressive, and perfect. Here are a few pics from the day - there are more of Grace & Walker posted on their blogs. Just click on their names in the sidebar to view them.
The firey orange tulips were probably my favorite of the day - they were so rich in color.

The "money shot" of the kids - the only actual photo of the day where they are both sitting still and looking at the camera. Seriously... the only photo.


Here is Adam, the Camera Shy...

Walker. This is a new, never-before seen look on his face - glad I captured the moment.

Levi, the Quiet One...

Cooper, the Tulip Crusher...

Walker, the Innocent... (innocent only until he picked the flower.)

Greta, the Secretly Sweet One...

And Lincoln, the Charmer.

Did I happen to mention how much I love my camera?) Then there's Gracen, the Lovely.. She is so tender and sweet... And here are my two little monkies, being silly, as usual :) We will definately be going back next year - maybe by that time, my children won't mind holding a pose for more than 3 seconds.

1 comments:

Dave and Ginger said...

You got some GREAT pics!!!! Love the titles for all the kids. Tulip crusher is right!!! At least 2 dozen or so. hee hee

Love the pic of Walker and Grace on the deer.